OPEN TO INTERNAL & EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
for Migration (IOM) Indonesia is looking for Temporary Operations
Assistant IIaccording to the terms of reference below.
Reference No : SVN/ID10/2012/044
Position Title : Temporary Operations Assistant II
Classification : General
Service Staff, Grade 5
Duty Station : Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Special All Inclusive Contract, 4.5months (Endof June – Mid of November 2012)
Under direct supervision of the Programme
Coordinator and the overall supervision of the Deputy Chief of Mission, the
incumbent will provide care and support to refugees and asylum seekers in
Yogyakarta. In particular, he/she will:
1. Maintain coordination with the Social Department (Dinas Sosial), INP
(Indonesian National Police), Immigration Department and local
authorities (Bupatis, Camats) in his/her areas;
2. Monitor Irregular Migrants activities and ensure that all basic
services are provided to all Irregular Migrants (IMs) under IOM auspices
in a timely and efficient manner. Basic services to be provided to IMs
include adequate and appropriate food and water, acceptable
accommodation facilities, security and medical assistance, including
psycho-social counselling and recreational and educational activities.
3. Visit Irregular Migrants and under take activities as indicated in
the visit activity / work plan prepared in coordination with supervisor.
4. Provide counselling to Irregular Migrants on their option to
continued stay in Indonesia or Voluntary return to country of origin.
5. Coordinate with the Medical and Psychosocial Coordinator to ensure
that all Irregular Migrants are provided adequate and appropriate
medical services, including psychosocial counselling
6. Provide ad-hoc support to local authorities in areas related to identification and handling of irregular migration;
7. Coordinate with local authorities to assist the intercepted migrants;
8. Ensure needs of intercepted migrants are provided;
9. Manage the operational expenses;
10. Provide ad hoc activity report to IOM Jakarta.
11. Provide monthly statistics and formatted reporting to IOM Jakarta.
12. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
University degree in economic, political,
social science or business and counselling. At least five years’ experience in
any of these fieldsparticularly in dealing with migrants and training or livelihoods projects. Previous experience working with
an international organization is an advantage.
Effective organizational skill and ability to
establish priorities and plans, willingness to travel, ability to work under
difficult conditions and cope with deadlines with minimal supervision..
Excellent communication skills, personal
commitment, efficiency and flexibility. Good level of computer literacy.
awareness of gender issues. Ability to work effectively and harmoniously in a
team with colleagues from varied
cultures and professional backgrounds.
Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia, both oral and written
HOW TO APPLY
are invited to send the application, with :
a) Cover letter,
clearly specify suitability and availability date,
b) Complete the
Personal History Form which can be
downloaded at the following link :
c) Detailed curriculum vitae, including historical
salary and minimum three referees (preferably former direct supervisors).
the application by email firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the reference code above as subject.
for applications is 29June 2012
to the expected volume of applications, only candidates under positive
consideration will be notified