SCALING UP FOR MOST-AT-RISK POPULATION II (SUM II) is a USAID funded project that will provide targeted assistance in organizational performance required to scale-up effective, integrated HIV/AIDS interventions that lead to substantial and measurable behavior change among Most-at Risk Populations (MARPs) in targeted locations in Indonesia. The project is managed by RTI International.
SUM II is currently seeking qualified individuals for position:
1. Regional Capacity Building Officer for Kabupaten Mimika, Papua
Report to Regional Coordinator
Working with provincial and district government to provide
organizational and program management capacity development in particular
to Civil Society Organization (CSO) that manage small grants provided
by SUM 2, and to government units, Komisi Penanggulangan Aids –
Provincial and District (KPA), and stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Working in coordination with District Government in implementation of SUM Program package of support.
· Provide extensive technical assistance to CSOs that manage
small grants from SUM 2 in organizational capacity development.
· Ensure that small grants are well managed by the recipient CSOs.
· Working with individual organizations (KPA, Ministry of
Health (MOH), and CSOs) at district level to assess the needs of
· Ensure that the overall training and mentoring services is in
parallel to SUM Program package of supports plan of each targeted
· Provide technical assistance to provincial and district
government, Provincial and District KPAs, government units,
stakeholders, and CSOs to enable them in the use of RNM for advocacy
tool and local budget development.
· Working in coordination with International NGOs, Donors, and
UN Agencies at local level to address the training and mentoring
· Working in collaboration with SUM I staff to improve
participation of MARPs’ indigenous leaders in the implementation of
continuum of prevention to care (COPC); and promote the reduction of
stigma and discrimination by providing the most accurate information
about HIV-AIDS and Most At Risk Populations (MARPS) through social
marketing, and public speaking and political statements of government
officials and community and religious leaders.
· Provide technical assistance to local government and KPA in
the preparation and implementation of a regular coordination meeting
with district government units, stakeholders, and CSOs for program
updates and semi-annual review.
· Provide technical assistance to provincial and district KPA in the implementation of monitoring and evaluation.
· Regular joint planning, field activities, and review progress with SUM I key personnel in the regions.
· Provide progress report in a monthly basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Knowledge of HIV/AIDS or other relevant public health and community development issues.
· Excellent communication skills for advocacy, training, and facilitation.
· Excellent report writing skills
· Ability to provide leadership as well as work as a member of a team
· Fluent spoken and written Indonesian and some competence in English
Minimum Recruitment Standards:
· At least one year experience in similar position
· A university degree or other suitable qualification in a related field.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should submit an update CV and cover letter via e-mail to email@example.com(with
the position title in the subject line). Deadline for consideration is
July 15, 2012, however applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as
possible. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.